Information Collection. Lanai Veterinary Care (LVC) registration forms and subscriptions require users to provide contact information that may include name, email address, address, educational details, and similar information. We may collect, store and use:
- Information about your computer, visits to and use of our website. This includes IP address, geographical location, browser type, operating system, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths
- Information that you provide when registering, completing your profile and subscribing to our newsletters
- Information you provide when using our website services
- Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet
- Information contained in or related to communication you send to us or through our website
- Any other personal information you choose to provide
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
*obtain consent before you provide personal information of another person.
Use of Personal Information. We are the sole owners of the information collection on this site. We will not share your information outside of our organization. We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us; discuss inquiries and complaints; and send information you requested
- Send email notifications and/or newsletters
- Administer our website
- Enable your use of services available on our site
- Keep our website secure
We will not share your information with any third party outside the organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
Disclosing Personal Information. We may disclose your personal information to our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisors, agents, suppliers or subcontractors as reasonably necessary:
- Required by law
- Connection with legal proceedings
- Establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights (due to fraud or credit risk)
- A person who we believe may apply to a court or authority
International Data Transfers. Information that we collect may be stored, processed and transferred between any countries in which we operate. Personal information that you publish on our website may be available via the internet around the world. We cannot prevent the misuse of such information by others.
Our site may contain links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which LVC has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites, as their policies may be different from ours.
Retaining Personal Information. This section sets out our data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal data we collect will not be kept longer than is necessary for the specific purpose or purposes
- We will retain documents containing your data to the extent we are required to by law; if we believe that the documents will be relevant to legal proceedings; to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Security of Personal Information. We take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your data. We will store your information on our secured servers. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
Third-Party Websites. Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third-party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Your Rights. You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law. You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Cookies. A cookie is a file containing an identifier that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Amendments. We may update our policy from time to time and publish a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email.
Contact Us. This website is affiliated with Lanai Cat Sanctuary. We are located in Hawaii, United States. You can contact us at Info@LanaiVeterinaryCare.org or call us at 808-563-0588.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Lanai Veterinary Care is committed to the continuous improvement of its website to support accessibility to all people. LVC has conducted an accessibility review of its website and has remediated any issues identified during that review.
We are continually seeking solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same overall web accessibility level. If you are currently experiencing any issues with our website, have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of this site or need assistance in using the processes found within this site, email Info@LanaiVeterinaryCare.org. Should you encounter an accessibility issue, specify the web page and we will make all reasonable efforts to improve.